John H.[_4_] John H.[_4_] is offline

Default I can't believe it

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:09:55 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:49:06 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

Thanks guys, I retired in Arizona for about 5 years but no water in the
neighborhood. Moved up here to Canada to be in Semi-desert (its 97 o here
today, but humidity is only 34%) and next to the BIG lake..Boat is due in
next month..(pacing back and forth..Waiting) I see 54 boats out there right
now but theres lots of room yet

Its still AZ in the Winter.

Would have never thought any place in BC to be semi-desert.
But I don't get around much.
Took a driving/camping trip out west about 20 years ago and Arizona
surprised me then. We camped by Lyman lake in the park there and I
never knew Arizona had such a lake until we pulled in.
I was just following along with the campground guide.
Besides that, as we pulled in a guy was wrestling the biggest Northern
Pike I've ever seen - taking it across the road to the Ranger station.
I would NEVER have thought to see such in Arizona.
The Northern went 25 pounds easily.
Pure fishing shock.
Now you've given me desert shock.
Cool.

--Vic

I had a brother who lived in Richland, WA. Pure desert out there. Where
Rudy's talking about is north of there. Google maps shows what the area
looks like pretty well with the satellite view.