Don White Don White is offline

Default Outboard Motor Stand

"John H." wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 23:10:59 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"Denis M" wrote in message
. ..
I want to build an Outboard Motor Stand to store and repair my 4 HP
engine
when needed.
At this time, I do not have any set plan. I would appreciate any tips,
ideas or plans.
TIA
Denis M

BTW here's a pic of the stand I built a couple years ago. It was in my
basement at first for storage of my 50 year old british Seagull and my
sailboat outboard.
now it resides in my shed... but the Evinrude is gone with the sailboat
and
my new Johnson 25 may be a bit heavy for it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Halifax004.jpg

Cool. Looks like it would hold that Johnson without too much problem. What
does the Johnson weight, about 160 lbs? A couple addition 2x4's should
handle that easily.

I can see the cross piece 2" x 4" twisting a bit. Maybe a 2" x 6"
replacement would be better.
In my add-on shed I ran a 2" x 6" diagonal across a corner, screwed to the
wall studs for the Johnson but didn't use it last winter.
I just left the motor on the transom and covered it.