jotis

Default Using laminated veneer?

Hello Scotty-

Many thanks for the clearly expressed information.

I hope it really is as easy as you make it out to be.

Regards,

Joseph

Here is an area I can address in this thread... Oh goody! Anyway, this
should not be a point of anxiety (sp?). With the Epoxy technology and
calibrated pumps, this is only a question of patience and preperation.
The main thing is to prepare the surface properly first. Then cut out
your fiberglass, leaving a couple of inches extra all the way around.
Next roll up one side of the glass and spread a slightly thickened
layer of epoxy in it's place (this can be done easily with a
disposable paint roller). Next roll the glass back over the wet area,
and start to wet out the glass with the same paint roller and a
unthickened layer of epoxy. Next, roll up the other side of the glass,
and do the same thing. Remember, it is a lot easier to draw goo up
through glass than it is to drive it down in. Typically, I apply
probably 75% of the goo I will use in an area, before the fabric is
laid down, then draw it up through the glass. This may seem elementry
to some but I always mention it as it took me close to a year to
figure this out, of course when I did, I felt like a real dolt
Really, using pumps, paint rollers and proper preperation, glassing a
small hull can actually be one of the easiest parts of building a
boat. Did not say most fun, just easiest.
Scotty from SmallBoats.com