Herodotus Herodotus is offline

Default A new approach to mountain climbing . . .

I find myself in total agreement with you. And it could explain the why
for's that Herodotus fellow and that Bruce in Bangkok fellow keep on
bad-mouthing you. Jealous of sailors who get around using sails.

They have the kind of boat you describe. What they do isn't sailing but
they seem to think it is. They are just trawler types with riding sails that
are a little bigger than the usual trawler riding sail. Only they don't use
their sails as often because they've got heavy ballast keels. But their
motors are constantly under repair. Worn slap out! That should tell you
something about their motoring habits. Constant or near constant, I would
say.

Anyway, keep up with the posts that think out of the box. I enjoy them
very much. It puts things in perspective for me.

-----
Eric Starnes.

My Dear Eric, aka Wilbour or one of his multiple personailities

Try making a few crossings of the Tasman Sean in the Roaring forties
and beat against the wind, waves and adverse currents going West
before you make such ridiculous comments. My engine would not progress
against these as fast as a long tack does.

Besides, if you checked on the distance you would find that you have
to travel at least 1,200 miles (or more) and I don't tow a tanker
barge.

Leave any harbour in New Zealand and you are eiother into the Tasman
Sea, one of the nastiest in the world of the Pacific. Very rarely do
we not get wind. We generally don't wait until the 30 knot winds abate
like I have seen elsewhere.

Get a life or at least don't make such foolish and stupid comments
when you are obviously ignorant of the real world.

You know nothing of my or Bruce's boats, in which you are very much
mistaken, which is understandable in that you:

a) have obviously done no or little cruising

b) live in the land of the water Winnebago.

There is a wonderful New Zealand rural saying that would direct you to
obtain a certain portion of a cow's anatomy, pull it over your head
and incite a bull to perform a certain action upon you in order to
instill some sense in to you.

I am too cultured and sophisticated to quote it.

"Give instruction to a wise man and he shall profit by it
Give instruction to a fool and he will remain a fool"
Book of Proverbs - Christian Bible