Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Fuel economy of older jet boats

"Mark" wrote in message
I'm seeing many older jet boats, say the 2000 sea-doo challenger 1800
or 2002 sea-doo islandia for sale locally. What are the fuel economy
on these older ones? Anyone know where you can find the information
out? Someone told me they get 5 hours on a tank, but I see the have
41gal tanks, so they are burning 8 gal/hour?

2000 is not that old. But the sea-doo types are very inefficient relative
to the bigger jet drives. The new Hamilton 212's are about 95% the
efficiency of props. And yes, the sea-doo's / jetski motors are famous for
fuel usage.