jamesgangnc jamesgangnc is offline

Default Fuel economy of older jet boats

"Mark" wrote in message
I'm seeing many older jet boats, say the 2000 sea-doo challenger 1800
or 2002 sea-doo islandia for sale locally. What are the fuel economy
on these older ones? Anyone know where you can find the information
out? Someone told me they get 5 hours on a tank, but I see the have
41gal tanks, so they are burning 8 gal/hour?

Jet boats use more fuel that a similarly sized prop boat. It's less
efficient to push with a jet. I've heard numbers around 30% or so. They
are much safer and also are good if you boat in areas with a lot of shallow
water. But even with a prop boat expect the gas to be expensive. Boats use
a lot of gas. When we take out our 19 1/2' bow rider out on the lake it's
usually a 100 bucks or so if we make a whole day of it. We have a 760cc
yamaha jetski as well and it can run through some gas fast.