SFXD SFXD is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homey View Post
Does anyone know anything about this company? I saw an ad for a '74 Kramer
24' sail boat, but I cannot find anything out about this company, or this
type of boat.
I owned a Kramer 24 back in the late 70's/early 80's. It was a fine little quarter ton... very quick.

It was hand built by Norbert Kramer in Bridgeport Connecticut. He would build only a handful a year.

He sailed out of Fayerweather Yacht Club in Black Rock Harbor, I believe.
A gentleman in Milford would win all the quarter ton races in the area in his. He was a much better racer than I, needless to say.

I sailed in Long Island Sound and up through Massachusetts and down through Barneget Bay NJ... Mine was sold by the ex as a lovely parting gift.

Miss the boat, "Afternoon Delight" (named before the insipid song by the same name) and miss sailing in general (currently live over an hour and a half from decent sailing territories)