[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Older Boats/Motors

On Jun 26, 12:27*am, Bill H wrote:
I'm retired/limited income, lotsa time. *I've been looking on craigslist
at affordable boats (small ones) and find things like:

This is a tri hull with a 79' 35 hp evinrude. It comes with an EZ loader
trailer with new wheels. The boat has new lights. Motor has a new
starter, new fuel pump. It needs to have the stator replaced. Stator can
be bought on e bay for $50. 800 OBO takes it today. Call Mike at
XXX-XXX-XXXX, or reply to this post.

This isn't necessarily one I'm interested in, but is representative of
what you'll find there. *My question is, How repairable are 30 Yr Old
motors and what is parts availability? *I've got a garage full of hand
tool, and been a shade tree mechanic for years. *Just wondering...

Hummm, parts might be hard to find, cases hard to crack. I would wait
for something newer, with the economy, something will come along. As
to working on the engines, I would try to get a manual, but a four
stroke, is a four stroke.. They all run on fuel, air, and fire...