posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics,uk.rec.boats.motor
Oliver Fleming Oliver Fleming is offline

Default Furuno FCV 271 Speed Depth Transducer

Hi,
I have a Furuno FCV 271. Recently I installed a new Speed/Tempreture
transducer.

This has now stopped working. The previous one I had did not last long
either.

I don't know why these transducers fail prematurely, I also had the same
problem with a Koden speed/tempreture transducer some time ago.

These are made by Airmar, but does anybody have any idea why these
transducer fail prematurely.

Thanks
Oliver Fleming