Steve

Default are Hereshoff plans in the public domain ?

There are still 'Tilting Arbor Band Saws" around in major shipyards.. In
fact, when I was running the wood hobby shop in Guam, we installed a smaller
version of what you discribed..

Although there is little need for them to cut the bevel on ships frames, the
smaller versions are used to cut fitted blocks for the side block caps in
dry docks.. Most commercial ships are docked on universal blocks that are
convex on top with little or no bevel.. For navy ships the top of the side
blocks must be cut to fit the contour of the hull.. This is usually cut from
12"x12" Douglas Fir. For this you need to cut both the curve of the hull and
the bevel.. The docking plan gives a table for this that is derived (after a
fashion) from the original table of offsets.

Your tax dollars at work..

Just some shipyard/drydock trivia. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions