Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Convert to Throttle Body FI

I assure you that a TBI will NOT out perform a properly set up carb in
either performance or economy. That may be possible to some degree in a car,
but not in a marine environment. The big difference between a fuel injection
system and a carb is the FI delivers to the engine what it needs and a carb
delivers what the engine wants. This can make a huge difference in a car
with continually changing loads and engine speed, but not in a boat that is
under constant, continuous load. In that role, a carb will perform every bit
as well. Don't waste your money and yes, Holly sells TBI's, Direct Port
Injection systems as well as their management computers, sensors and tuning
software, but you are better off converting to diesel.
Steve

"Bob999" u44405@uwe wrote in message news:861526204129d@uwe...
Now that gas prices have our attention, it would make sense to convert my
1989 5.7L Alpha One Mercruiser I/O from carburetor to throttle body
injection.
A few years ago, when it was marginally economic, I remember ads in
several
boating magazines for throttle body conversion kits (remove the carburetor
and bolt in the TBI). I can't find them anymore, even with Google. Does
anyone know if these are still available and where I can get one?