Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Convert to Throttle Body FI

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 02:23:55 GMT, "Bob999" u44405@uwe wrote:

Now that gas prices have our attention, it would make sense to convert my
1989 5.7L Alpha One Mercruiser I/O from carburetor to throttle body injection.
A few years ago, when it was marginally economic, I remember ads in several
boating magazines for throttle body conversion kits (remove the carburetor
and bolt in the TBI). I can't find them anymore, even with Google. Does
anyone know if these are still available and where I can get one?

Frankly I do not think it's economical on a 19 year old engine. The
kits that I remember were well over $1K plus installation effort and
incidentals. You'd be lucky to save 10% on fuel costs so your pay
back is somewhere over 500 hours of engine operation.