[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Watermakers - what's best and cheapest for long term cruising use

On Jun 21, 2:19*am, Len wrote:
That sounds interesting to me.
What is your experience?
What do you mean by "less frequently"? every 8 days?
and what by "thoroughly"? 20 minutes? HP-pump on or off?
How long have you been doing this?
Tnx, Len.

We've got a Spectra 8 gph 12 volt unit that we installed in 2000.
We've used it quite a lot since then, mostly in the tropical Pacific.
We always back-flush it at the end of each run until the pressure
drops to about 20 psi or so with the HP pump on. It takes a few
minutes. After that we just turn it off. When we are in a marina we
try to flush the unit every couple of weeks, though occasionally we've
left it for longer.

-- Tom.