Boeland Boeland is offline

Default Watermakers - what's best and cheapest for long term cruisinguse

Larry wrote:
wrote in :

I'm looking for a mid-sized 120 VAC unit - maybe 15-20 gph - no 12 VDC
stuff as I have a 6 KW diesel genset. I have 280 gal in water tanks -
so the idea is to run the WM once a week or two and fill the tanks.
Use of standard parts and low maintenance is good. High price is bad.
Recommendations please.

No problem off the SC coast last night. It was raining in some squalls
over 5" an hour. What you needed was a tarp with a hole, a funnel and
short hose to the tank inlet....same as in the 1800s.

Sleeping in something dry might have been more of a problem...(c;

I am not endorsing this one but you may find in interesting if your
water needs are for drinking.
http://www.waterloginternational.com...kers%20ffp.htm
Boeland