Backyard Renegade

Default Anchor Pulpit Construction

"Brian D" wrote in message news:jSEEb.401321$Dw6.1249548@attbi_s02...
Jumping in here ...

If you recall, Scotty was the guy suggesting pegs. He also suggested
using epoxy. So, I want to say a couple of things before people get too far
off track:

- The pegs are for alignment. You only need a couple per side of strip. If
the pulpit is long and the strips non-flat, then go with three so you can
get better alignment while gluing. Once glued, the pegs don't add much if
anything to the structure.

This is correct and I do suggest a cheap dowling jig from Sears or
such, this will allow you to use line things up much easier but like
brian said, they are not there for structure. Use them sparingly as I
noted in an earlier post, to save time.
Scotty