posted to rec.boats.electronics
Al Carmon Al Carmon is offline

Default Navigational & other sailing software for Linux?

Peter,
I don't have any experience with any of the software, yet, but will be
doing the same as you in the future. I use Ubutuntu also, and have had
good luck getting general Linux programs to run. There are several Linux
navigation choices out there, freeware and commercial. Most apparently
mature ones:

http://www.barcosoft.com/
http://www.navgator.com/index.html
http://www.justmagic.com/RasterChart2BSB.html (French)

Al

Akita wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody has any experience with Linux software for sailing?
Specifically: Ubuntu.

I am about to set up a laptop for my sailing needs and this will
hopefully not be Windows.

Peter.