MS

Default Which teak seam calk?

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:27:37 -0500, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

Rutu' teak decking will have about 1,100 lineal feet of seams.

The candidates with estimated cost for Rutu's decks a
Detco - 2 part polysulfide & primer + cartriges - $580
Boatlife - 2 part Polysulfide & primer + cartriges $540
Maritime Wood Products - one part oxime silicone - $510
Teak Decking Systems SIS 440 - one part silicone - $450

Does anyone have experience with either?

Glenn, We highly recommend TDS SIS 440. We did the deck of our 42-foot
a few years ago. Easy to use, works great. We're very happy with it.
And this is after a disastrous experience with Boatlife.

Before we did the whole deck, we did the fantail with samples of a
variety of products. TDS SIS-440 was the clear winner after a year of
use and weather. We were prepared to pay almost anything to not have
to do the job again anytime soon. So cost really wasnt a deciding
factor. Performance was.

Marce
Spellbound