Len Len is offline

Default Watermakers - what's best and cheapest for long term cruising use

On 17 jun, 01:53, wrote:
so the idea is to run the WM once a week or two and fill the tanks.
Use of standard parts and low maintenance is good. High price is bad.

Due to bacterial growth you will have to operate the watermaker every
3-4 days. That's the only disadvantage of such a system (my 2cts worth
experience till now).
I built my own, 2 membranes, cat277, 2,2kW AC-motor, 55GPH. Works
perfectly. I got the motor, Cat HP pump and the pressure-vessels off
Ebay.
Total costs 900 euro's. But apart from low costs: 1) I really know
this system so repairs (none till now) are no problem and 2) I had the
opportunity to put elements in spaces on board as I saw fit. No large
bulky machines with filter units dripping on electrical parts for
me...

Fair winds,
Len
www.svpresent.waarbenjij.nu