[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default OT Anyone with children or with friends that have children

On Jun 18, 3:49*pm, wrote:
On Jun 18, 3:36*pm, "Jim" wrote:

wrote in message

On Jun 18, 2:07 pm, JimH wrote:

On Jun 18, 2:00 pm, "Jim" wrote:

wrote in message

On Jun 18, 1:26 pm, JimH wrote:

A *balanced* view on the subject.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...113DF934A15756...

Here's some more balance:

We can't feed them meat:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6896309.stm

Can't let them sleep in a car seat:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148...&comments=true

Can't let them play football:

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=71071

Can't take them to the emergency room for anything:

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0...ued-when-child...

Can't let them play with toys:

http://www.uspirg.org/newsroom/toy-s...ws/consumer-gr...

Only thing we can do is lock them in a hermetically sealed room with
soft walls.

OK Who was the bean bag that got you started on this topic? Although, I
think I know. What was the name of the thread?

That's it Jim..........blame someone else for Loogie being unable to
control himself.- Hide quoted text -

Me control myself? Who was the idiot that suggested that because some
parents decide to let their kids be kids, albeit in a safe and
controlled way, that somehow those parents are inferior and should be
subjected to child endangerment laws? Who is it that suggested that a
parent that allows their children to safely and responsibly
participate in sports is somehow a bad parent?

I guess I was right. Now what thread precipitated this one? I'm going to
have to google it up.- Hide quoted text -

My thread, clearly marked OT.. I ignore the trolls though, Remember
the same guy bitching about us taking our kids in full gear riding,
wants our 10 yo daughters to be able to elect surgery without our
permission.. Just like Salty the CT Democrat.. It's all about agenda,
not history or common sense... they both probably rode as kids.- Hide quoted text -

I'll tell you, people here are whining about us teaching and allowing
our kids to responsibly have fun, yet they claim to have been forced
into labor at a large marina and boat repair facility, a truly
dangerous place. Running steering cable can be very dangerous, you
could easily put an eye out with the cable, or lose a finger. Fueling
boats is extremely dangerous. And what about someone's parent showing
their child that it is a great idea to take a runabout across the
Atlantic? THAT person must have been a horrible parent.