Herodotus Herodotus is offline

Default Obama Doublespeak

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:28:05 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

Isn't there some famous quotation about people getting the government
they deserve?

Hey, we may not deserve Bush, but he's what we got.

I don't want to hear any whining about him from Republicans. I didn't
friggin vote for him.

I think that I shall stick with our form of tyrannical democracy (at
least that is what one American woman told me it was) with the
despotic Queen of England as our nominal Head of State.

At least we don't have to attend political conventions wearing silly
hats, waving flags and banners and then ending up with somebody like
GW.

I often wondered how many percentage points the election campaigns
figure in the U.S. GNP. I don't think that our antipodean countries
could afford to run such an electoral system. From log cabin to
president - only if the log cabin is made of solid gold.

Just a thought Jonathon.

The funny thing is that even though New Zealand was the first country
to give everyone the vote, the voter turnout is very low. In Australia
where it is compusory to vote, there are still a high number who
don't.

cheers