JayCeeCG

Default You're keeling me, amigo! (and Mars Metals)

Hi Skip,

My employer, (Lyman Morse Boatbuilding Co.), has added scheel type keels to a
couple of the Sequin 44 sloops we built in the 80's. Mars Metal provided the
keels and Jim Taylor yacht design did the engineering. It's been a successful
retrofit, the first boat we did won it's class in last years Newport Bermuda.
The owner says the boat is more weatherly and can carry more sail as well.
Mars Metals makes a very nice keel. We use them exclusively.

Jared Crane
Thomaston Maine

I'm also interested in your opinion, if you have one, of Mars Metals'
approaches to afterfits