Denis M Denis M is offline

Default stolen fuel

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Or, you could put in a fuel system like mine

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/StriderFuelSystem.htm

with both fill select valves closed for the winter, they'll give up trying
to siphon pretty quickly and move on to the next boat.

(Just kidding)

Locking gas caps will work as long as you are one of the few that have
them because the thieves will just move on to the easy pickings.

Wait until the figure out the scrap value of bronze fittings and lead
keels

--
Roger Long

By not leaving (if possible) fuel in the tank and making it known that your
tank is almost empty. Then no fuel can be stolen or very little.

At our Yacht club we use to have a large tank to store fuel for the ongoing
activities for our crash boats, diving piles and junior sailing. We had
regular deliveries of fuel and the tank was under lock.

Nevertheless we ran out of fuel now and then at the most inopportune moment.
The fuel bills were high and something had to be done not to mention the
insurance cost. We got rid of the problem by removing the fuel tank in its
entirety. Then the club superintendent got the fuel from a near by Service
Station as need it and receipts were accounted. Our insurance cost went
down and the fuel bill reduced by more than half.