Spyda Man

Default Large rowboat for large family

I grew up here in Hawaii on a canal that lead to the ocean in my
backyard. I had 5 siblings so a total of 6 kids. My dad in his 20 feet
plywood Grand Banks Dory would row the lot of us the 3 miles to the
beach on the weekends. Sometimes he'd head out the mouth of the canal
into the open Pacific Ocean and row to the nearby small offshore islands
so we could explore. Beauty of Dories besides their clean lines was the
ease of rowing, and the inherent stability of the design, the more weigh
in the boat the more stable it became. My vote goes to the Grand Banks
style Dory.

Spy in Hawaii