Gregory Hall Gregory Hall is offline

Default A&M Aggie keel issues

wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:59:01 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Jun 17, 3:52 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:31:22 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:
The builder's web site acknowledges that it happened.

http://www.cfyw.com/

Having designed a few keels (still on the boats as far as I know) and
looking at the remarkably small amount of material that narrow chord
profile
represents, I would love to see how they held this on and distributed
the
strains through the hull. It would have been a significant engineering
challenge make this work.

At least one of the reports mentioned a crew member saying they hit
something
hard. My first thought was that they must have run into the barely
submerged
hulk of the Redcloud.

I thought it was a C&C sailboat like the one you have Mike.

You know the C&C has some serious keel to hull application problems.
It's called the C&C smile IIRC .
This loss of a keel should give you a clue as to the future of your
C&C

Fred

Poor dumb Joe the blowhard.

I think you are confusing Capt. Joe of Red Cloud infamy with the other
blowhard - Binary Bill the sailor aka Rusty Red Cloud. Two different peeps.

--
Gregory Hall