[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default A&M Aggie keel issues

On Jun 17, 10:31*am, "Roger Long" wrote:
Having designed a few keels (still on the boats as far as I know) and
looking at the remarkably small amount of material that narrow chord profile
represents, I would love to see how they held this on and distributed the
strains through the hull. *It would have been a significant engineering
challenge make this work. ...

Indeed. Yet it doesn't look to be an uncommonly narrow keel by modern
race-boat standards. Off the top of my head I googled Mum 30 sail
plan and got
http://www.mumm30.org/pdf/M30ClassRule2.pdf. Pretty much every other
performance oriented keel boat designed in the last 15 years would
show the same thing... So folks can make it work. Of course, these
guys might have screwed it up. I hope the lawyers and "expert"
witnesses don't muddy the waters too much as it would be a public
service to know what exactly happened in this case.

-- Tom.