posted to rec.boats.electronics
John Seager John Seager is offline

Default Wind speed instrument: what voltages should it produce?

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:11:45 +0200, "John Seager"
wrote:

Unfortunately, the wiring runs through a very tightly
packed conduit up the mast which will have to be dismantled to get the
wire
out. In the meantime, I'll check the visible ends.

You say the wires are in a raceway on the
inside of the mast? Can you follow the time honored Navy practice of
abandoning the old wires in place, and running fresh ones outside the
bundle. If you get zillion wire cables, they can swing around inside
the mast without breaking eventually. Tape them to the outside of the
mast, until it has to come down for some reason, and run the wires at
that time.

Casady

The wiring is in a conduit on the outside of the mast, so it is relatively
accessible, but independent wiring isn't a bad idea for a temporary
solution. I'm not planning on taking the mast down any time soon, so I guess
whatever I do will have to be done from the bosun's chair.