Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Diesel fuel additives

"RLM" wrote in message
. ..

Only thing I would add to Ed's post is check out a fuel polishing system
that involves a day tank to recirculate the fuel if he isn't using it
regularly.
http://www.google.com/search?q=fuel+...ient=firefox-a

I would add that polishing fuel in a boat that is not regularly used is just
about worthless unless you take the boat out in some rough water and slosh
it around for a while before polishing or have access to "wash" the tank
internals with a high pressure diesel wand. All the crud and dead
"critters" cling to the walls and baffles of the tank.

The last two diesel powered boats we owned had dual primary Racor filters
per engine with valving that allowed either filter to be replaced while
running on the other filter. It's a setup I would recommend to any diesel
boat owner.

Eisboch