Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Trivial question about entagled lines.

On 2008-06-16 11:55:49 -0400, "Roger Long" said:

Don't accept any tendency for the loops to look like they are trying to
go into a figure eight.

Here, we may be approaching "religion"....

I coil my lines with an intentional figure-8, wrap a few wraps, then
take a loop through the top of coil so I can hang it up or throw it
into a locker. Done that way, I (usually) can grab an old 50' halyard
out of the locker and toss it 40' to warp someone into a raft-up. Do
nearly the same when neatening the halyard, except I coil the line
doubled. When I need to drop the sail, I need only toss it down the
deck to uncoil.

--
Jere Lull