Garland Gray II[_2_] Garland Gray II[_2_] is offline

Default Trivial question about entagled lines.

Just curious...are the sheaves of your two blocks (per side) parallel to
each other or perpendicular?

If parallel, this may not be causing the problem you are asking about, but
it will load the blocks unevenly and can cause other problems.

And as Roger said, better to have non swiveling blocks here.

For long lines, I either figure 8, or coil with a reverse loop. Anything to
keep the twist out.

wrote in message
This is a trivial question, but it drives me crazy, and maybe somebody
can help me.
For my dinghy/davit system I have 4 triple blocks – two for each side.
All of them are for 3/8 line. Now here is the problem:
Every time when I put the dinghy down and again back the line is
twisted and become entangled. Every time I have to spend time to fix
it – and really drive me crazy.
I use polyester yacht braid.
Thanks in advance
Mada