[email protected] toadspam@mac.com is offline

Default Trivial question about entagled lines.

On Jun 16, 1:39 pm, "Ernest Scribbler"
wrote:
wrote

Don't you have to reverse the twist for every other loop, or you are
creating twists in the line ? I just do a figure 8 loop instead.

I think Roger's talking about untwisting the tail of the rope as he coils. A
problem I've seen with the over and under technique (which I think is what
you mean) is that it's really easy to produce a long string of evenly spaced
knots when uncoiling it.

I think you are right there (which is why I like the figure 8 coil),
but the very act of:

"Twist the
rope between thumb and forefinger so that each loop hangs exactly
parallel
and easy with the one before it. "

Creates a half twist in the rope for each coil. If you make alternate
twists in opposite directions (see http://www.animatedknots.com/coiling/
) then there is no twist built up in the rope while you coil it.

Todd