Larry Larry is offline

Default Batteries - what's best and cheapest for long term cruising these days

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

I meant sucking electrolyte out to read the hydrometer. Sure it goes
right back in but, if you could see my installation, you'd know why
checking them doesn't have much appeal.

--
Roger Long

Whew! Thanks! I had visions of boaters sucking out the over supply of
acid and replacing it with water....(c;

I used to have to lay on my belly with my eyeballs 3" from the top of the
cells on the Endeavour 35 sloop's starting battery Geoffrey used to
have...under the quarterberth mattress in a little well. How awful.