Salomon Fringe Salomon Fringe is offline

Default Batteries - what's best and cheapest for long term cruising thesedays

Roger Long wrote:

This discussion is going the way many do here and in other venues. The
perspective makes a huge difference.

One thing that influences my system driven decision to have AGM's is my less
than optimum battery box location. Checking wet cells with my face just a
few inches above the batteries after squirming headfirst into the quarter
berth and sticking my head in a small hatch from which it would take a while
to extract myself holds no appeal, goggles or no goggles. My electrical
consumption profile does not require that I be able to recharge at high
rates.

Thanks for pointing out your situation. Considering that I would also
have bought AGM.