Salomon Fringe Salomon Fringe is offline

Default Batteries - what's best and cheapest for long term cruising thesedays

Wayne.B wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 15:20:55 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

His service life
numbers suggest that some AGMs will be expected to last 10 years.
AGMs have only been popular in marine use for less than a decade so it
may be hard to get real numbers. My experience has been fantastic.

I have heard the same from others whom I respect. I will probably
convert one of my house banks to AGMs in the future.

I hope you were also thinking of adding another charger, since if your
other bank is not AGM you will need it.