Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] is offline

Default Speaking of beautiful images...

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:10:31 -0400, D.Duck penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

wrote in message
On Jun 15, 2:33 pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 08:09:38 -0700 (PDT),
penned the following well considered
thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

A few folks who left for
a while don't know how good it is here when we don't allow ourselves
to get involved with the trolls. Answering them so they can respond is
all they are interested in.. The agreement was working well until less
frequent visitors who were not aware of it began addressing them
again, giving them a platform.
You can't "give them a platform," you can, however, deny them a
platform by refusing to respond to insulting responses. Probably, the
worst thing that I've seen is a response that says you are not
responding... those clearly show who can let it go and who can't.

It wasn't "good" here, it was just dead.... except for the USENET
equivalent of CB chatter.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080615-0, 06/15/2008
Tested on: 6/15/2008 2:33:50 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com
Yeah, I guess you are right.. much better with the 50 insult posts a
day from one poster.. At least it gives us CB rednecks something to
talk about.

Tsk, tsk, tsk....remember, no playing with the trolls. 8)

Good call and exactly my point. It is hard to keep one of those
back-and-forth and/or piling on threads going when you don't post back
or pile on. The thread just dies and the trolls atrophy.

10-4 Good Buddy?, C'mon, C'mon......

I completely agree with all of your comments, but why have you never
directed one TOWARDS the most prolific trolls in rec.boats? It seems he
respects your opinion, and you might be able to have an impact on his
behavior.