Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default Salt water license looks to be a go...

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 15:01:50 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:30:50 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

I'm glad all that worked out for you guys. Up here, I wish it was
that simple. Up here, nobody cares about what the people affected
think - it's a 96% Democrat controlled legislature full of lawyers and
morons.

You got me curious and I checked. Our House is Democrat controlled and
the Bill most likely to succeed was sponsored 3:2 in favor of the
Dems. The most popular Bill was sponsored by a Republican lawyer (48
Bi-Partisan sponsors and co-sponsors)! I'll be watching the vote with
an eagle eye..... those voting nay will have their voice heard.... by
every boater that uses USENET and/or numerous boating forums.

I know - it's very different up here.

There are two populations in CT - the Gold Coasters and everybody
else. As long as the Gold Coasters are happy, then by default
everybody else must also be happy.

The state is actually bifurcated - it's largely rural and all the
legislative strength is along the coast and big cities which means
that 80% of the state in terms of territory in under represented in
terms of legislative clout.