Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of beautiful images...

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:09:41 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

In spite of Evinrude's claims, no fuel system provides increased power
and better fuel consumption.... by definition. You increase power by
burning more fuel in the engine.... either by supercharging, larger
valves, tuned intake and/or headers, increased engine size, etc....
but you can't get something for nothing.

Those things we can't understand we brand as improbable, that which is
improbable become impossible.

It's not something for nothing - it's just more efficient.

When you consider all the electronics associated with the fuel/oil
delivery system, the EMM management that takes into account air
pressure/air temperature/water temperature, variable timing based on
RPM and controlling the injection timing you've developed a management
system that allows for efficiency. You are absolutely correct that
you use more fuel at higher rpms, but you use that fuel to obtain the
maximum effienciey. The two stroke engine is much more - um - er -
adaptable to this approach.

Four stroke manufacturers have been aware of this for years -
introduce the same type of systems to a four stroke engine would
create higher efficiencies than that gained by ETEC believe it or not.
The problem is that the costs involved in creating this monster would
drive the manufacturing cost up where even the Japanese price supports
would collapse and then ETEC would have the economic advantage. :)

Be that as it may, I've been asked off line by a bunch of people to
drop the subject because it gets Harry's undies in a bunch so I will
comply to keep the piece. :)

Speaking of which, you going to be around sometime mid-Julyish? I'll
buy the gas and we can head out with your four strokes and do some
fishing.