Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Right-wingnut Kook claims ((was Kook claims)was Beneteau Makes Racing Boats?))

wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:44:04 GMT, (Richard
Casady)
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:44:58 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

Much like some western Euro countries, we should be
moving much more aggressively in the direction of alternative energy.

Iowa has had one oil well that produced 69 barrels, so they looked
elsewhere for energy. We came up with wind. The state of Iowa
manufactures windmills, and gets 5% of its electricity from them.
The rest of the world is agressively pursuing nuclear. We should be.
Turn all those surplus weapons into power, for openers. Alcohol is a
cruel hoax. Turning food into fuel is insane. The poorest people will
starve

Yeah, but the more that starve, the fewer will be consuming energy. Over
population is the root of the entire problem, and any other "solution" is
merely
a stop-gap temporary bandaid. I'm not saying that we should let people
starve,
but I am saying we need to stop reproducing at greater than the mortality
rate.
We are past the point where "zero population growth" is enough. We need to
work
the numbers back down. I would even halt all funding for further research
into
ways to extend life. It's counterproductive to overall survival.

The right-wingnut administration promotes abstinence only programs, which
have been shown not to work. And, even the laudable efforts of the Bush
administration to provide HIV meds is tainted and diminished by the
requirement of requiring that these programs be the only ones used... Even
when a country wants to use it's own money for condom distribution, it can't
or risk losing funding for medication.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com