Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Right-wingnut Kook claims ((was Kook claims)was Beneteau Makes Racing Boats?))

"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
You must have lost track of what we were talking about because you are now
supporting my position. Funny. Past presidents and the like can easily do
very well income-wise speaking, writing books and a variety of legal ways,
just like Clinton has done, and so they have no reason at all to do huge
favors for anyone while they are in office.

Your contention was that politicians will not seek profit for their friends
while in office, and now you're claiming that they don't because they'll
make money after they leave office. In addition, you said that former
Presidents and VP are somehow accountable, and that their finances are
"tracked" with some requirement to do that. Both statements are patently
absurd.

You claimed that Clinton came into office well off. I provided a link that
disproved this.

I also provided a link that shows that Cheney was wealthy and will likely be
more so after he leaves office, all the while enriching his oil buddies. You
claimed that this will be closely monitored, which is also absurd.

Politicians have and will continue to break laws to enrich their friends.
Bush and Cheney are prime examples.

When asked by Martha Raddatz of ABC his reaction to 70% of the people
disagreeing with the reason and prosecution of the Iraqi war, Cheney's
response was, and I quote, "So?" Cheney would and has sacrificed what is
good for the US in the name of big oil and flawed ideology.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com