Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Is Wilbur the only one here with real cruising experience?

On 2008-06-12 22:05:20 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
said:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:24:25 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

It is hard to muster much respect for any so-called sailor who doesn't
demand a dedicated, large and workable chart table with chart stowage
nearby.

And exactly how do you do that on your 27 ft boat?

My 32 foot boat you mean? But perhaps you don't remember my mentor,
Capt. Neal's, chart table that he built and installed. It was really
nice and had chart storage underneath. Looked like something a factory
would install. Practical as hell and could even be used as extra galley
space when not needed as a chart table like at anchor.

Maybe I can find it: Ah, ah. Here it is -
http://www.badongo.com/pic/3768007

OhMyGawd, that looks like a slightly modified version of our "crib"
berth above the "coffin" berth, just forward of the galley. (the
starboard settee's seat back, locked up.) We stow our charts there, but
it's more comfortable to work the charts while sitting at the table.

If I have to stand up, I don't consider it a chart table.

--
Jere Lull