posted to rec.boats.electronics
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default 12 volt stabalizer?

Bruce in alaska wrote:

In article ,
cavelamb himself wrote:

I'm trying to find a stabalizer circuit for the house battery.
Someone (probably Larry?) a while back mentioned a device that could
take a wide range of input voltages and supply a reliable and smooth 12
VDC.

Any ideas?

Richard

It really depends on how big the Load is. I use a bunch of 3 - 18 Vdc
Input, 12 Vdc Output Switching Power Supply Blocks, to run Network
Switches and Hubs, in my MicroISP Business, supplying IP Service out
here in the Alaskan Bush. I can feed any DC Voltage up the POE (Power
over Ethernet) wire as long as the Input to the Remote Power Supplies
is within the 3-18 Vdc range of the Input. These Power Supplies can
be had in various sizes from 1 -20 Watts. The price rises as the
Power goes up. My 5 Watt ones are in the $10US price Range.

Thanks Bruce,

Not a heavy load, a couple of amps, but voltage sensitive.

Have you a name for this supply I can Google?

Richard

--
(remove the X to email)

Now just why the HELL do I have to press 1 for English?
John Wayne