Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Is Wilbur the only one here with real cruising experience?

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:24:25 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

It is hard to muster much respect for any so-called sailor who doesn't
demand a dedicated, large and workable chart table with chart stowage
nearby.

And exactly how do you do that on your 27 ft boat?

My 32 foot boat you mean? But perhaps you don't remember my mentor, Capt.
Neal's, chart table that he built and installed. It was really nice and had
chart storage underneath. Looked like something a factory would install.
Practical as hell and could even be used as extra galley space when not
needed as a chart table like at anchor.

Maybe I can find it: Ah, ah. Here it is -
http://www.badongo.com/pic/3768007

Now, does than answer your question. Even a 27-footer can have and must have
a dedicated chart table of sufficient size to make working there practical.
It obviously can be integrated well into the accommodation. But, then again
the Good Capt. Neal was a perfectionist.

Wilbur Hubbard