posted to can.rec.boating,rec.boats,rec.boats.building
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Bayliner 2655

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:56:07 -0400, "jamesgangnc"
wrote:

That's too bad. The size difference is not as much as people think. A few
more inches on the front, sides, and top. I think you mean a bravo 3.
Volvo has a dual prop drive as well. Those will help and in combination
with a 5.7 probably work well on this boat. I'm guessing that adds 6 to 8
grand to the base price though. A 5.0 with an alpha II would suck.

IMHO, the ideal engine would be the Mercruiser 6.2L MPI with a Bravo 3
duo-prop. We have that combo on our Searay 270, and at 320 hp it is a
strong little engine. I believe that it's based on a stroked small
block.

The Bayliner in question has got to be seriously under powered with a
single 5.0L, as demonstrated by the one reviewer who is cruising at
4500 RPM. That is a sure recipe for premature engine failure.