J.T,

Default Which teak seam calk?

Glenn et all

TDS has been giving sampless of decking in boat shows, but last time I spoke
with them they said their caulking is not a glue to hold teak strips
together, and I believe they still sell all their prefabbed decking with
backing either fiberglass or plywood. Maritime has harder caulking and they
sell prefabbed panels w/o backing. Both caulkings are silicone based, either
one specially formulated for teak decking but actually used in other
industries and have probably over 20 year life in outside conditions.
I have used both and to make life more interesting I will soon come up with
my own "specially formulated for teak decking" product ;-)

Juha Tuomela
Jupiter FL

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
I agree about the bond breaker but not about the silicone. The TDS
caulk was recommended to me by Brooklyn Boatyard and PJ. I have a small
sample of the TDS decking and it is pretty amazing. The bond is so
strong that TDS doesn't even use a backing on their prefabbed decking.
It is held together by the caulk only.