posted to can.rec.boating,rec.boats,rec.boats.building
Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] is offline

Default Bayliner 2655

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:50:53 -0600, "Wade Carl Henley"
wrote:

I am looking to purchase the above mentioned boat, was wondering if anyone
out there have had any experience with this boat, good,bad or ugly. All
opinions welcome.

Topics of interest for me is over all rating that you guys put to this boat,
any problems...good points, bad points that sort of thing.

It's a bubble boat.

Here's some reviews.

http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Bayl...X_LX_Sunbridge

Those were fairly honest reviews. Bayliner is a good boat for protected
waters. It is not a bluewater boat, nor does the mfg'er pretend it is a
bluewater boat. It is a Bayliner.

The boats built after the mid 90's are better quality than those built
in the 80's, which could be real lemons. If someone is looking for a
day boat or a weekender for a couple, to be used in protected waters, or
close to shore on fair weather days, it can be a great boat.

As SWS said, it is a bubble boat, some people like the look, others hate
the look. The advantages is you have more room down below. The
disadvantages is it can be difficult to use the foredeck, getting up and
down the step steps on the 2655 to retrieve the anchor or when docking
can be very ackward for many. As someone who owns a bubble boat, which
has easy access to the foredeck, it can still be very slick when washing
the boat. I have seen some people screw up and actually wax the
foredeck. It will be very painful and dangerous when you slip and land
on your ass when you are rushing to grab a dock line.