posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
sv Endeavor sv Endeavor is offline

Default VHF/Hailer/Fog Horn Suggestions

Have you considered mounting the speaker on the KISS pole or on the radar
pole?

sv Endeavor
"Road Rage!" wrote in message

"Bil" wrote in message
On Jun 10, 3:12 am, Hanz Schmidt wrote:
I had a S.H. The cable came a part on the Remote Mic. H.S. told me that
I put the remote in the SUN. And the cable had know UV in it. They told
me to my another mic. ... So I buy and ICOM M-602.

Just goes to show how mileage varies!

The cable on my Standard Horizon remote mic also fell apart due to UV
exposure.

I e-mailed SH tech support and they dispatched a new remote mic to me,
across to the W side of the Pacific, for free!

Cheers

Bil

It might pay to wipe down all plastic with a UV protectant such as armor
all.