Jim Conlin

Default working dory paint

I recollect some New Bedford fish boats which had on the wheelhouse top a dory
or two painted international orange. I 'spect that it was in the interest of
visibility.

Mike Brannon wrote:

Greetings to the group,
I'm building a dory from a John Gardner book. It is a simple swampscott
tender model. I have done a ocean of research on these craft and have yet
to come across a description of the paint color scheme. All the pretty
coffee table books with wood boats show few dories. All the old photos that
I have found are black & white. So folks, what traditonal colors would look
good on my dory (inside,outside,trim)?

PS. I picked up a new Jet 14" bandsaw recently. It is the deluxe model with
a 1 1/4hp motor. It is plenty powerful for oak and is remarkably quiet.
The "do it yourself- backyard boatbuilder" this is about the largest saw to
own without going commercial. For those of you that may be hunting for a
wood band saw I rate it tops. Unfortunately it doesn't come with a fence.
The Jet folks need to step up and offer one with the saw. :-(

Best regards,
Michael Brannon