Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Is Wilbur the only one here with real cruising experience?

On 2008-06-09 20:35:32 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
said:

3) aged mid-sixties with the mind and body of a 30-year-old

Evidence shows the mind of maybe a 12 year-old.

17) know for a fact that women have no place aboard a well-found cruiser

Further evidence. Sailing/voyaging without a well-found woman may be many
things, the least of which is "alone", but it's not well-found cruising.

--
Jere Lull

Have been checking your site. Nice boat but not too well integrated in the
accommodation. Looks like it's sort of flimsy furniture-wise and I had a
good laugh at the picture of the engine that brags about the access. Looks
pretty cramped in there to me.

Now, if you'd lose the womenfolk perhaps you'd be able to really take
advantage of the boat. If you were a dedicated lone-hander you would modify
the interior so it had two real sea berths, a better galley, a decent chart
table, more storage space for groceries, more water tankage and I sure hope
those aren't opening ports in the v-berth. If so, get rid of them or they
will surely sink your vessel if you ever do any serious off shore voyaging.

And that unbalance rudder is sure to be way too much of a chore, especially
when close-hauled. That keel, I don't think I'd trust it in heavy weather.
It looks to be only about four inches thick where it connects to the hull.
It's got to be way overstressed in that area.

The gel coat is very nice but, then again, that's something women appreciate
more.

The bulkhead repair looks to have been quite a job. Too bad they didn't do
it right in the first place.

You won't find a Coronado 27, for example, with any of the shortcomings I
listed above.

Too bad Capt. Neal took down his world famous mariner website. The
differences in quality between the Tanzer and the Coronado are readily
apparent. The Coronado is an obvious offshore capable yacht while the Tanzer
is a near coastal week-ender. But, to each his own.

Wilbur Hubbard