Justin C[_11_] Justin C[_11_] is offline

Default Aggies Lost at Sea?

In article , John Seager wrote:

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 20:38:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

"A sailboat participating in the Regata de Amigos race from Galveston
to Veracruz was found capsized 11 miles south of Matagorda Saturday
morning.

Amazing thing is that it didn't sink. I am sure it would have, had
there been much in the way of waves.

Casady

A yacht called Moquini, a Fast 42, lost its keel just south of Madagascar a
couple of years ago. It was found several months later about 500 nm off the
South African coast. Uupside down with a huge hole where the keel had
dropped off, but very much afloat. It had drifted about 800 nm. Sadly, the
crew was never found.
http://www.sailr.com/news35939.html

Very sad. We've all heard that you should always step up into a life-raft, and not down... but perhaps they didn't make it into the raft. In this situation, should you tie the raft to the up-turned boat? After all, the raft plus boat is more visible than raft alone. Or do you avoid the boat in case it sinks?

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.