Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Is Wilbur the only one here with real cruising experience?

"Road Rage!" wrote in message
That's all fine and good Wilbur but Capt Neal can sail his boat backwards
and maneuver it into a slip for the few rare times it is ever necessary. I
bet you can't sail backwards.

Never tried sailing backwards. Besides, the Good Captain can sail backwards
into his slip all he wants but I prefer anchoring out. Slips are for women
to wear under their skirts.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
ews.com...

"Road Rage!" wrote in message
That's the impression I get.

You have good instincts and you are correct. Compared to me most of the
others who post here are duffers. Here are my credentials.

1) have lived aboard and cruised extensively since 1985.
2) have a Master license from USCG
3) aged mid-sixties with the mind and body of a 30-year-old
4) never had to be rescued or even close to it
5) never had a boat founder
6) have weathered aboard no fewer than 18 hurricanes and tropical storms
7) have a Ph.D. in English
8) IQ tested in the 145-160 range on standard tests professionally
administered
9) uncommonly handsome
10) three single-handed circumnavigations
11) continue to live aboard and cruise (Allied Seawind 32)
12) never abused illegal recreational drugs, can't abide people who do
13) outspoken and enjoy telling it like it is
14) can't abide wimps, sissies and pretenders like Geoff Schultz, for
example.
15) maintain with conviction that roll-up sails identify any cruiser as
lazy and inept
16) know for a fact that diesels are anathema to sailing
17) know for a fact that women have no place aboard a well-found cruiser
18) can sail circles around anybody who posts to this group
19) have natural 20-20 vision
20) world famous

The subscribers here are so very stupid and ignorant. The things they
discuss are mostly motor related or things they've read on the Internet.
They rarely go anywhere under sail let alone venture offshore. None of
these people live aboard permanently or have the balls to try it. None
can anchor under sail or sail out their anchors. Motor headed mentality
is all that's in evidence here. None of these people have the guts to
speak their mind; they have to couch everything in politically correct
terms.

Is it any wonder I tend to speak down to subscribers. I can't help it. I
stand so far above you all that it's laughable.

Wilbur Hubbard