posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Road Rage! Road Rage! is offline

Default VHF/Hailer/Fog Horn Suggestions

"Bil" wrote in message
On Jun 10, 3:12 am, Hanz Schmidt wrote:
I had a S.H. The cable came a part on the Remote Mic. H.S. told me that
I put the remote in the SUN. And the cable had know UV in it. They told
me to my another mic. ... So I buy and ICOM M-602.

Just goes to show how mileage varies!

The cable on my Standard Horizon remote mic also fell apart due to UV
exposure.

I e-mailed SH tech support and they dispatched a new remote mic to me,
across to the W side of the Pacific, for free!

Cheers

Bil

It might pay to wipe down all plastic with a UV protectant such as armor
all.